This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data which you provide to us or which we collect from you will be processed by us in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles 2014 (APPs) established under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
You can obtain further information regarding the APPs and your privacy rights at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au.
S4 Technology provides software to third party loyalty companies to enable these companies to operate loyalty programs in Retail stores. The software resides on a Retail Stores Point of Sale and is used to enable members enrolment details to be captured, edited and displayed when the member is transacting, as part of the normal workings of the loyalty program. The members details that are captured on enrolment are encrypted and sent by S4 Technology to the third party loyalty company for processing. The third party loyalty company will return these details to S4 Technology to be displayed at the Point of Sale should they need editing or when the loyalty member is conducting a transaction. S4 Technology does not store nor utilise the loyalty members details. The third party loyalty company will have terms and conditions established for how they manage any loyalty members details provided to them by us and which the member will have accepted to participate in the program.
This S4 Technology Pty Limited website is a business to business website and not intended for members of the general public.
By visiting this website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
How we collect personal information
Direct interactions. You may provide certain information to us via our Retail Point of Sale data capture technology which is required by third party loyalty program providers to enable them to provide, manage or administer a product or service you have requested.
You may give us certain information by corresponding with us by the website, post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you:
- request marketing information to be sent to you;
- give us feedback, correspond with us or contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
What kind of information do we collect and hold?
The information we collect and hold about you could include:
- name, postal and email address, telephone numbers and date of birth;
- other information that is given to us when you make inquiries, correspond or transact with our clients through our Retail Point of Sale date capture technology;
- IP address
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with products and services you’ve asked for;
- respond to your requests and correspondence.
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
Purposes for which we will use your personal information
To make sure we can meet your specific needs we need to provide your personal information to other third parties who you have authorised to receive that data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties not related to us, including:
- loyalty program partners;
- those involved in providing, managing or administering a product or service you request;
- organisations that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect us, our customers or others.
- At your request
Make a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 8915 6280.
We are committed to resolving your complaint. If you have contacted us and still feel your issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
What do we do when we get information we didn’t ask for?
If we receive information we haven’t asked for we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. If it is, we will handle this information the same way we do with other information we have asked for. If not, we will either destroy or de-identify it.
Security of personal information
We store information in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements and privacy training of our employees;
- security measures for access to our systems;
- Encryption of data
- electronic security systems, such as firewalls.
We may store personal information electronically with third party data storage providers. Where we do this, we use contractual arrangements to ensure those providers take appropriate measures to protect that information. As responsible data custodians we are familiar with the requirements of the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme and are committed to responding to data breaches in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and you if there is unauthorised access to, unauthorised disclosure of, or loss of, personal information held by us and the access, disclosure or loss is likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates in accordance with the Privacy Act.
What if we no longer need your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we require it for our stated purposes. We may be required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under law. When we no longer require your information, we will destroy or de-identify it.
Access to personal information
You can request access to your personal information at any time. We will give you access in the form you want it where it’s reasonable and practical to do so. We are not always required to give you access to your personal information. Some of the situations where we don’t have to give you access include when:
- we believe there is a threat to life or public safety;
- there is an unreasonable impact on other individuals;
- the information wouldn’t be ordinarily accessible because of legal proceedings;
- it would prejudice negotiations with you;
- it would be unlawful;
- it would jeopardise taking action against serious misconduct by you;
- it would be likely to harm the activities of an enforcement body (e.g. the police); or
- it would harm the confidentiality of our commercial information.
If we can’t provide information in the way you’ve requested, we will tell you why in writing.